When trying to find way to revitalize lashes, so many women put up with side effects that aren't necessary! You can get the results you want without the redness and itchiness commonly associate with lash serums. Let us show you how!
Prostaglandins are naturally occurring lipids in our body that are made in wounds or areas of infection. They trigger highly inflammatory reactions that disrupt the natural orders of our bodies, bringing special attention to areas that need wound repair. What’s commonly refered to as “prostaglandins” in mainstream (non-clean beauty) serums, like bimotoprost and isopropyl cloprostenate, are actually prostaglandin analogues, meaning they trigger the production of prostaglandins in the area where they are put.
The active ingredient in Latisse, bimatoprost, was and still is used as glaucoma medication, and it’s no wonder that creating a strong immune response would be great for patients suffering from eye disease. However, using prostaglandin analogues for cosmetic purposes can create a whole bunch of unwanted side effects.
When I used lash serums in the past, I noticed scaly, red eyelids, but I didn’t know the permanent damage that could result if I kept using them, including:
- Swollen, itchy, scaly eyelids
- Sunken eye appearance due to shrinking layers of orbital fat around the eye socket
- Darkening of the iris, especially in blue or hazel eyes
Eye irritation is something many of us are willing to suffer for a lash look we love, but these potentially permanent side effects can have a lasting toll on your vision and eye comfort. Every time we blink, our eyes secrete oils to help keep them moist. When prostaglandins increase inflammation, this oil becomes too thick to spread across the surface of our eye, leaving us with dry eyes that are exposed without their moist protective layer. Worse still, the thickened oils can permanently block or damage the glands, causing severe dryness.
Here's a list of popular lash growth serums that use prostaglandins:
- Xlash Eyelash Enhancer
- Nutraluxe MD Lash
- M2 Lashes Eyelash activating serum
- Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die for Platinum
- Rodan and Fields Lash Boost
Using ingredients like bimatoprost and isopropyl cloprostenate manipulates the natural processes of our bodies to deliver big lashes. Do we really need to hurt our health in pursuit of our cosmetic desires? Absolutely not! That’s why we made a serum that is 100% toxin free.
With our serum, you can get the results you want without any harmful side effects. We use botanicals and vitamins that work with your body, not against it, so your lashes can flourish and your lids and eyes stay healthy and protected. Check out our key ingredients:
- Hydrolyzed Rice Protein
- Shown to increase hair volume by 32% because of its cationic and anionic amino acids, which repel each other so hair stays separated
- Improves the ability of hair and skin to bind moisture, leading to greater flexibility and tensile strength
- Increases hair strength with amino acids like lysine and arginine, essential for hair growth
- Gagome Kelp
- Filled with hyaluronic acid, which acts as a “hair fertilizer” because it increases length and hair diameter, for longer, thicker hair
- B-Vitamin Complex
- Panthenol — hydrates hair, increases flexibility, and promotes cell regeneration for abundant, flexible, and strong hair
- Biotin — improves your body’s keratin infrastructure for healthier and denser hair
- Cacumen Platycladi
- Induces the anagen phase, which make brows and lashes appear denser and longer
Want to know more about our botanicals? Take a peek at our Lash Serum here!